SEIN seeks to create a vibrant, positive community where mutual respect and understanding is evident in all relationships, between neighbours, community groups and statutory agencies; where everyone’s voice can be heard; and where people feel they have the means to direct the decisions affecting them and their communities, and ensuring all people are continually welcomed and included.
- the promotion of equality and diversity by encouraging mutual respect, ensuring everyone is welcomed and included;
- the promotion of cultural, racial and religious harmony by encouraging dialogue and understanding, and by sharing information and experiences;
- the advancement of community development by building the capacity of individuals and groups to influence decisions affecting them and their communities;
- the relief of poverty by supporting the most marginalised people, seeking to meet their needs and advocating for them;
- the advancement of education by sharing stories and understanding each other, leading to mutual respect and diversity being valued.