SEIN seeks to create a vibrant, positive community where mutual respect and understanding is evident in all relationships, between neighbours, community groups and statutory agencies; where everyone’s voice can be heard; and where people feel they have the means to direct the decisions affecting them and their communities, and ensuring all people are continually welcomed and included.
We enable this through our network members who are offering important services that contribute to community integration in the south east of Glasgow.
We aim to provide our members with strong & responsive support & foster partnerships & collaborations between them.
We understand community integration activity to include:
- the promotion of equality and diversity by encouraging mutual respect, ensuring everyone is welcomed and included;
- the promotion of cultural, racial and religious harmony by encouraging dialogue and learning, by sharing information and experiences, and by challenging racism and prejudice;
- the advancement of community development by building the capacity of individuals and groups to influence decisions affecting them and their communities;
- the relief of poverty by supporting the most marginalised people, seeking to meet their needs and advocating for them;
- the advancement of education, leading to mutual respect and diversity being valued.