As this year’s Ramadan falls in the midst of the current lockdown, accessing food & sharing the experience with others will be a challenge for many.
Here are some links & services available in Glasgow to make things easier. Thanks to Amina MWRC for help compiling this (if others know of additional services which could be added, please let us know).
Guidance for Ramadan at Home
Glasgow Central Mosque (Gorbals):
– Iftari hot meal service (Mon, Wed, Fri). Available for collection from Glasgow Central Mosque courtyard, 5-7pm. Delivery service available for the elderly & vulnerable living alone.
– Weekly food pack. Available for collection from Glasgow Central Mosque courtyard on Mondays 5-7pm. Delivery service available for the elderly & vulnerable living alone.
Call: 0141 429 3132 / Email: email@example.com
Strathclyde University Muslim Students Association (SUMSA):
Delivering iftars to Muslim students. Priorities are:
。Students who live near campus
。Students living alone
Most Mosques are delivering sermons and Qur’an readings virtually via Facebook. Links below for some of the bigger Mosques around the South of Glasgow:
Radio Ramadhan Glasgow
You can listen via:
1. 87.7FM – (1530 AM/MW All year round)
2. Through the TuneIn Aap (download from Google Play)
3. Via www.radioramadhan.scot by clicking on Listen Live
4. Through Facebook Live
5. DAB Radio – Search for RR365
Ramadan 20 Virtual Hub: This Ramadan will be like no other in living memory. iSyllabus brings you a unique, around the clock, Ramadan Virtual Hub providing you with high quality exclusive content. Make this a Ramadan to remember for the right reasons.
Search Ramadan 2020 in Apple App Store or Google Play.