UPDATED: 7th May 2020
The services of all of our members, and others working to support our communities, are changing in response to COVID-19. Most are closing offices, centres & all unneccesary face to face contact. However, many are still offering other forms of support – online, via phone & finding creative ways to ensure they can still be reached by those who need them.
This post includes updates from some of these services. Please note that these are likely to change as we all adapt and respond to new guidelines. We will aim to keep this page as up to date as possible.
See COVID-19: Info & Support – Local & Multilingual for coronavirus-related information & guidance in different languages, and other links (incl. local online support groups).
New Directories for COVID-19 Support
Directory detailing services across Glasgow which are supporting people directly in response to the Covid-19 crisis. Including the Glasgow Community Response Team Helpline: 0141 345 0543 (open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Coordinated by GCVS (Glasgow Council for the Voluntary Sector)
Coronavirus Community Assistance Directory
Directory of organisations across Scotland that are able to offer non-medical help directly to people.
SCVO (Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations)
Pollokshields Responds to Covid-10
Leaflet with information on services in Pollokshields (20/04/20):
Children & Young People
- all activities cancelled until further notice
- all sessions cancelled until further notice
- Working on home learning play packs for Daisy Chain families
- See Facebook Page for updates & contact
- Despite all the changes that the Coronavirus has brought, we are still supporting families through our: Helpline 0800 254 0088 / Webchat: www.familiesoutside.org.uk / Text FAMOUT to 60777 / Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Regional Teams are also providing support, albeit remotely. Please note our operating times are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
- If you or someone you are working with needs support, please contact us.
- Our face to face support for families has paused.
- We are continuing to support our families through phone calls, video links & social media. We are also signposting families to other support agencies that can help. We have increased and developed our social media content and you can find us @HomeStartGS. (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
- We have increased and developed our social media content: find us @HomeStartGS (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
- All Playzone, pop-up play and pre-5 stay and play closed until further notice.
- We will be posting useful links on Facebook to help you to ensure your children at home remain active during this time.
- See Facebook page for updates & contact
- postponing all activity at the studio
- Online Studio: We are working on creating an online studio to share and discuss things we’re making, doing and feeling to find a way for people to stay connected in a time when many are feeling anxious and isolated.
- Make-It Packs: packs of art materials & ideas for creative projects that children, young people & their families can use at home. If you live in the southside of Glasgow and you, or someone you know, could benefit from receiving a pack at home, please get in touch and we can arrange a drop off at your door.
- Phone Credit: if you are a Young Person (up to age 25) struggling to stay connected with running low phone credit, we are reallocating our Young Persons Travel Budget to pay for mobile phone top ups! Get in touch and we can arrange this for you.
- Full update from Rumpus Room with contact details (16.03.20)
- YCSA is now closed to the public with staff working from home
- We are looking at running on-line activities. Our film club are already doing this
- Calls to landline will divert (0141 420 6600) or call 07842 792843
- 1:1 virtual appointments can be booked for those needing help via these numbers
- .Telephone Counselling for young people or parents can be arranged by calling 07842791418 on Tuesdays, Wednesday afternoons (after 2pm) or Thursdays
- Website will continue to have updates: www.ycsa.org.uk
- We remain open as a Carers Centre although everyone is now working from home. We are keen to receive referrals from other organisations as we know there will be many carers in the community struggling at this time
- See details of Dixon Community Day Care Services (14.04.20)
Older & Most Isolated People
- All older people’s activities cancelled
- Available to contact for chats & for help with anything that we can advocate on behalf of.
- See hall suspension notice (16.03.20)
- Closed until further notice
- The staff team will be checking in with members over the phone and will continue preparing and delivering meals.
- Office closed & all events & face to face meetings cancelled
- Helpline open Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm (0808 801 0301)
- Gasgow office contactable via email@example.com or 0141 212 8420
- Closed until further notice
Women’s Asylum Seeker Housing Project & Challenging Violence Against Women (Community Info Source)
- Staff available by email & mobile numbers. See update on contacts & COVID-19 arrangements
- Our Rights & Choices project for migrant, refugee and asylum seeking women will move to providing telephone and text support to service users. New referrals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For new referrals, email: email@example.com
- ESOL classes, youth & social activities & community canteen all cancelled unftil further notice
- Roma Employability project: Marek and David available also on mobile 07701 324074 or Facebook: Marek Balog CR & David Balog CR (David on leave till 31st March)
- 5 multilingual community development workers providing crisis support for the Roma community through multiple communication channels: phone, video calls, social media, videos and dissemination of information
- Coordination of Mutual Aid Facebook groups, with dedicated Romanian Facebook page
- All group gatherings cancelled until further notice
- Operating as communtiy crisis support. A number will be provided for all those need it, and we will continue to help in any way we can.
- See updates & contact on Facebook or Twitter
Refugees & Asylum Seekers
- Only providing services by phone.
- Moving to remote working via telephone, with very limited staff presence in our office for absolute necessities (i.e. vulnerable clients).
- Helpline remains open: 0808 8010 503
- Full Migrant Help update (18.03.20)
- Only providing services by phone.
- Face to face appointments will be limited to exceptional cases only.
- Helpline is open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm: 0141 223 7979 or 0141 223 7984
- Update info poster from Scottish Refugee Council (13.03.20)
Advocacy & Advice
- Welfare rights & advice service will be close form Monday 23rd
- Workers will be offering advice over phone or Facebook messenger from their work FB accounts: Sabrina Janicka CR, Emilia P Gaziova CR, Roland Den CR (the accounts are advisor names followed by CR)
- Community Renewal key contacts & email addresses
- Provision of information about local services via Govanhill Mutual Aid / Romanian Facebook page / Govanhill Working Together Facebook pages, www.govanhill.info and dedicated Community Connector post
- Provision of Multilingual Support Line for Govanhill (launch date 20th April)
- Ongoing support, guidance, signposting and advocacy through multilingual community workers
- Facilitation of housing information, welfare rights support and advocacy for local community
- All our group activities are currently closed.
- We will still be taking phone calls during our usual Information & Advice Consulting hours & will try to help in whatever way we can. Tel. No: 0141 424 4523 and/or Mb: 07894 972 377 / 07894 972381
- We can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment & Employability
- Will provide advice, triage, data collection, skills profiling service by phone
- Still taking self-referrals from clients & referrals from stakeholders. Please email email@example.com to refer
- All group training cancelled
- Full update and contact details from Bridges Programmes (18.03.20)
- Fair Start Scotland are operating as normal, albeit remotely, helping those wanting to move into work. We are doing this through online accredited learning, virtual classrooms & telephone appointments.
- See flyer for details
- Contact Laura Curran on 07971393624 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are launching an energy telephone advice line. If there is any support you need with energy at home, please call our trained energy advisers Paul on 07548 334 147 and Jola on 07752 727 457
Food & Household Items
- Castlemilk Community Church Furniture Project Help Line is open from Tuesday March 24th for urgent enquiries about furniture, household goods & baby/toddler equipment.
- The Help Line is open 10am to 4pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Contact numbers are: 0778 036 7295 (Tuesday & Thursday) / 0739 318 3334 Wednesday & Friday
- Email enquiries can be sent to email@example.com
- The Community Church building is closed & people are asked not to drop off items outside.
- Limited Service: Monday 12.30 – 2.00 @ 42 Inglefield Street G42 7AT
- All events and activities are postponed for the foreseeable.
- Can deliver support packages to you, or someone you know (this service is open to everyone) Information Flyer (English) / Information Flyer (Spanish)
- The Sikh Food Bank is here to help you and your family through the Coronavirus Crisis. Our team of volunteers are ready to provide food parcels and essentials for those in need in our local communities. We also provide friendly check-in calls for the vulnerable and provide vital advice and guidance. see flyer for details
- See flyer for details
- Have updated their online Free Food Map, showing current free food provision across Glasgow
Health & Wellbeing
- Providing support via text, phone or email
- Still accepting referrals
- List of details & contacts for Community Links Practitioners across Glasgow
- All classes and group sessions at Finn’s Place are cancelled until further notice.
- The building is now closed and will re-open when restrictions are lifted.
- Online classes are listed on the front page of our website
- Postponed all Arts, Health and Wellbeing classes for the time being & are looking into how to continue to deliver our activities online or at a distance.
- We are committed to keeping communication lines open, you can email us below or engage with us on Facebook or Twitter
- Our working hours remain the same from 9.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- See Facebook page for updates
- Our team are working from home and are still available to support you if you’re affected by cancer in any way – even if its just to talk about what you’re through and how you’re feeling
- 📞 0141 287 2903 (leave a message & we’ll get back to you)
- 📨 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 📲 ask us a question on Facebook
- Offices now closed. Staff are working from home so there may be a delay in responding to your request.
- Our working hours remain the same from 9.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Counselling service restricted to up to 7-8 sessions.
- Link Service open to support communities further, such as those who need access to food banks and to other support services.
- We are open to referral but again limited spaces available and to specifically to the BME communities.
- Currently closed to the public, & all activities are cancelled
- Staff will continue to care for the gardens and will be in email contact as usual
- Our next event “Growing Greener Fair “ will be rescheduled to later on this year. We will be in touch with all organisations who have expressed interest in the coming months with a new date.
- Check out updates on Facebook
- Providing a Pastoral Care Service; a confidential phone line for anyone feeling stressed, anxious or afraid & in need of a listening ear.
- See flyer for details
- Still working to help you. See document for contact details (info in English, Arabic, Mandarin, Tigrinya, Amharic, Sorani and Persian/Farsi)
- Offices closed but all staff contactable and working remotely. General contact: 0141 636 3636 / email@example.com
- Health & Safety Emergency Repairs being provided as normal
- Continuing to provide warm, affordable housing & factoring services
- We will not take any in-person appointments, but will continue to provide advice & support to all ethnic minority communities by phone & email, with language support if needed. We will be able to reach out to relevant agencies, make applications, and contact landlords.
- Contact details for Positive Action in Housing – including contacts for General Info, Destitution Among Asylum Seekers, Rooms for Refugees, Access to Social Housing / Homelessness, Private Housing, Welfare & Money Advice
- See update from Positive Action in Housing (in English, Arabic, French & Punjabi)
- Both Hubs closed
- Working in partnership with organisations to help them deliver food packages to service users. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a community group that needs help with delivery.
- Offering free bike loans for key workers. Contact email@example.com
- Full update from Bike for Good (01.04.20)
- Holding online zine-making & other events – see April calendar
- All events & activities postponed
- Musical instrument delivery service paused – we hope to reinstate this once restrictions are lifted.
- Watch our online showcase of our talented young people and tutors playing from self-isolation (in place of our Grow With Music Showcase, due to be held on 29th March). We are also sharing online tutorials from our social media to help those in isolation.
- We are sharing online tutorials from our social media to help those in isolation.
- Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Community Support
- CYCA’s objective will be to ensure that the communities of Gorbals & Govanhill are: Kept up to date with the latest developments & guidance / Remaining physically & mentally healthy & stimulated / Supported to cope with daily living including shopping, paying bills, benefits, fixing problems at home / Staying in touch with family & close friends
- Full update from CYCA (19.03.20)