Guest blog from Empower Women for Change, presenting their Sharing and Learning project.
Our Sharing and Learning project has provided women a space to talk about what matters to them; their needs and issues and how they want to move forward to achieve for themselves.
We are based in the heart of city centre where staff, service users and volunteers are busy creating and developing project ideas, and participating in planning, development, fundraising and reviewing. We have attracted many service users to become volunteers and some have joined the management committee too.
So far, we have organised 11 different workshops for women this year which underpin the foundations of confidence, assertiveness, self-esteem, self-image, mental health and wellbeing, personal safety, sketch and de-stress and relaxation, with up to 23 women attending each time.
We have also provided childcare for women so the women can attend the workshops freely without worrying about their children. There is always lunch provided at the end of every workshop for women to get involve in networking and socializing.
These workshops have helped women to:
- boost their confidence, improve their mental health and inspire them to move forward in life.
- have a better sense of health and wellbeing, be assertive, feel comfortable to share their experiences, highlight the support they need in a safe and relaxing environment.
- learn techniques to help increase their confidence in dealing with uncomfortable and difficult situations.
- build up and maintain their self-esteem, self-belief and inner strength.
- highlight the impacts of media on many areas of their lives and the influence of media on general health and wellbeing of women.
- learn that confidence is a great part of leadership and teamwork.
“I learned about how to be more confident”
“I have learned the definition of confidence and about self-image, the workshop has been so helpful”
“The workshop is helpful and makes you re-think your confidence zone and what is your comfort zone and how much effort you are willing to put into to reach the next level”
“This workshop is very helpful as I met women from different countries”
“I learned how to carry myself and respect my dignity”
Join the workshops
There are two more workshops still to come in this series. These are free and open to all women. Travel expenses and childcare can be provided.
When?: Tuesday 18th and Friday 21st June, 10.30am-1pm
Where?: Station House, 34 St Enoch Square, 2nd Floor, Suite 2/2 G14DF
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / phone Lababa – 07577667217