Having a a familiar face with you when giving birth is something that most women take for granted. Amma Birth Companions is a new organisation that will provide trained, nurturing birth companions to women who face birth separated from friends and family. We will work with asylum seeking and refugee women and those with insecure immigration status in Glasgow who are overcoming adversity on their journey to motherhood.
We believe every mother should be empowered to make and express choices about birth. We provide information, emotional support and advocacy to enable women to overcome barriers and feel more confident. Post-natal support and group activities provide opportunities for friendships and integration and give babies a better start.
We are looking for birth companions
We are a new project, hoping to start operating soon and looking for a team of birth companions.
- Would you like to support women through pregnancy, birth and beyond?
- Are you flexible with your time to attend training and be on call for birth?
- Are you caring, compassionate and calm?
- Do you speak good English (if you speak languages spoken by refugees, that would be beneficial)?
- Are you able to support women through challenging situations?
Is it you we’re looking for?
If you would like to attend on 25th or can’t make 25th but are interested in the role, please contact email@example.com